Pet owners on Pawshake have high expectations towards our sitters - they want to find a reliable pet lover as easily as possible.
That's why we review all pet sitter profile changes - we want to help you out and make sure that your profile is as attractive to new pet owners as possible. We're also recruiting new sitters to the platform every day, and we want to make sure you are showing a great example to them and will continue receiving bookings as usual.
If your profile changes do not meet our standards, we may unpublish your profile and ask you to make a few changes.
- You must choose a recent, completely centred, front-facing portrait shot of your face (not your pet's face, not a group of people) in which your entire face and eyes are clearly visible.
- The photo must be well-lit, sharply focused and completely clear. A smiling, colour photo works best.
- You are the only person in the photo. Your pet can accompany you, but they must not block your face at all.
- The photo must not be blurry, dark, poorly framed or be too zoomed out or in. The composition of a passport photo or headshot is a good guide for the size.
- No hats, sunglasses, filters, text or effects may be applied.
- All pictures should be high quality, i.e. well-lit, well-framed, in focus and with a great resolution
- Please remove any images that are blurry, poorly framed, dark or not in fitting with our guidelines
- Please include images of yourself, preferably interacting with pets, but also out and about without them. This is so pet owners can get a chance to get to know you and your personality.
- If you offer services in your home (such as boarding and doggy daycare), be sure to include images of where pets will be staying in your house. This includes any relevant indoor and outdoor images, and images of family members or housemates who will be involved with the pet sitting.
- Make sure all your images are upright - you can easily flip them in the Pawshake app
- Pet owners want to get to know YOU - so show them plenty of pictures of yourself, your local neighbourhood, nearby parks and anything else you think may help showcase your personality and pet sitting style.
- Do not apply any filters to your gallery images
- Please do not include duplicate pictures in your gallery, such as your profile picture
Write at least 3 paragraphs.
- About yourself - who are you?
- Basic biographical details - age, occupation etc
- What's the environment like around you - are there pet-friendly areas nearby you can visit?
- What is your work schedule like? Do you work full-time, or have availability during the week?
- About your experience
- What motivates you as a pet sitter?
- What specific previous experience do you have in pet care and pets?
- About your services
- Please review our service expectations closely before commencing pet sitting
- Are you able to travel far, or do you prefer to work in certain suburbs?
- If you offer any additional services that aren't mentioned in our service expectations, please be sure to mention this in your profile description. Arrangements for these additional services can be made between yourself and the pet owner.
- If you offer in-home services such as Doggy Daycare or Home Boarding
- Please include all of the above, as well as thorough information about in-home services
- What's included in the services you offer?
- How long are the dog walks or how many do you offer per day etc?
- How much time you can usually spend with guest pets on a daily basis?
- Are you a student or do you work? What is your availability like?
- What is your home like?
- Do you have a garden, a courtyard, or a fully-fenced garden? Are the gates completed secured?
- Where are guest pets permitted and allowed to sleep?
- Who else lives in your household? Any roommates, family members or resident pets?
- Success tip: It's best to be specific, don't leave pet owners with unanswered questions.
Our general guidelines are:
- You need to have previous experience caring for the pets you'd like to pet sit.
- You need to be over 18 years of age. A parent cannot give a person under 18 permission to pet sit: the primary pet sitter on the account must be over 18.
- You cannot have previous pet sitter account on Pawshake (only one account per user is allowed).