Sometimes plans change, and you may need to cancel a confirmed booking, it can happen! The first thing to do is let the sitter know. Depending on the date of the cancellation and your sitter’s policy, you may be entitled to a full or partial refund. You can find out what's your sitter's chosen policy on your booking conversation, or by visiting their profile page. Please check all the info about the cancellation policy here.
Cancel a booking on our website
- To locate the booking that has to be cancelled, click on Messages > Confirmed bookings.
- Click on the booking. Below the booking details, click on the button which states 'Cancel booking'.
- You will be redirected to a page that informs you of your sitter's cancellation policy and how you will be refunded. Select the reason for the cancellation, write a message to inform your sitter of the cancellation, and finally click on the 'Cancel booking' button right at the bottom of the page to officially process the cancellation.
Cancel a booking on the Android and iOS mobile app
- To locate the booking that has to be cancelled, tap on Messages > Confirmed bookings.
- Click on the booking. At the top right corner of your screen, you will see an (i) icon. Click on that and you will be redirected to the booking details screen.
- Scroll to the bottom of the booking details screen and click on the 'Cancel booking' button to officially process the cancellation.
Once the booking has started, you won't be able to self-cancel it anymore. Contact our Customer Support to request a cancellation here.
Please mention the reason for the cancellation, as well as the reference number of the booking. Make sure that your pet sitter is aware of your intention to cancel.
If the sitter is the one to initiate the cancellation, it's the sitter who should contact customer support. Read more about cancellations from the sitter's point of view here.